Breastfeeding

Giulia is now 8 months old. Her hobby now includes singing and crawling backwards.
 
Anyway, if you can remember my post on my issue about breastfeeding. When Giulia is still 3 1/2 months old, I was struggling because my milk supply was already low.
 
If you ask me now if I am still breastfeeding, my answer is still yes. My milk supply? Still low. Actually sometimes, I can barely get 1 oz from both breasts already when I pump. So yes, I am definitely struggling.
 
But I believe breastfeeding is a decision.Though we are already mixed feeding, I am still breastfeeding Giulia. Of course, there are times that I want to stop already. But when I think of Giulia and her expression when I am about to breastfeed... her super eager and excited face... it gives me a boost to continue with what I am doing. Giulia seems to be relaxed, calm and content whenever I breastfeed her. So as much as possible, I do not want to take that feeling away from her.
 
Pumping in a public CR...
As it is my decision to breast-feed, it is also challenging.  It is already very difficult when I can barely expressed milk, it makes more difficult to find time and place to express milk. As some of you know, I am just 4-month old in my new company. So,I do not have the luxury to pump every 2-3 hours in the office. I can only do it during lunch break. Also, I usually pump in an empty manager's room, but sometimes if we have visitors, I have to do it in our storage room. I have also pumped in our clinic while the nurse was curiously looking at me, when I visited our Bataan site. I also experienced to pump milk in a public CR when I was sent for a training.
 
I do not know until when can I breast-feed. I actually said to myself that if I cannot pump at least 1 oz for almost a month, then I guess I will stop already.

But until then... I will continue to breast feed... and that is my decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken