Then and Now...

What I miss about my old company

1) Of course, I miss the people. Myold company is like my second family. I do not need to wear a mask or pretend to be someone when I am there. I am so comfortable with the people. I love them and miss working with them.

2) I miss going home at 3:45 every Friday.Yes, we work at 7 - 5 PM from Mondays to Thursdays but we get the reward every Friday because we only work up to 3:45.

3) I miss the business travels. Thanks to my old company, I was able to go to the US thrice. I also go to Malaysia at least twice a year.

4) I miss the convenience of working at home. Note that this is not a standard practice. But if I have early morning telecon or if there is an emergency, I was allowed to work at home, provided that I accomplish all my to-do tasks for the day and that I will be able to reply to all emails as soon as possible.

What I like about my new company

Yes, I have been with my company for almost four months now and these are the things I like:

1) Free food. At least every week, we enjoy free food usually during the afternoon... thanks to generous officemates who treat us for free snacks. As they say, this is already a tradition. But of course, I had my share too... I treated them for merienda when I received my first salary.

2) Thanks to my new company, we only have minimal deductions in our salary. Our SSS contribution is shouldered by the company 100%.

3) I like that my new office is only15-30 minutes away from our house... given that there is no traffic...

4) I like the good vibes in the office every morning. Everyone greets each other a good morning... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken