Bayani... Banny... Daddy...

My dad has a unique name. He was literally born a hero. He was born in the middle of the World War 2... so I guess his mom realized that being born amidst all chaos should be immediately called a hero... His name is Bayani, Banny for short.

When he was still alive, I have never encountered or met another Bayani nor Banny aside from my dad. Well of course, not counting the local comedian Bayani Agbayani.

Anyway, now that my dad is not here anymore, I think he find ways to make us still feel his presence. Sometimes, in super odd places and instances, my dad makes us feel he is still here with us.


For example, when my sister and brother in law shipped their things from Singapore, they were shock to know that one of the "cargo men" was named Banny.

Another instance is during our birthclass, one of our classmates has a surname of Bayani.

Another, the foreman of our sister and brother in law, when they were still constructing their house has a nickname of "daddy". It seems that our real daddy is there guiding my sister during their house construction.

Another example is that there is a lay minister who somewhat looks like my dad... and I do not know if it is just coincidence that whenever Gerard serves as Lay Minister, he is always there. I do not know his name but I refer to him as daddy... hehehe :)

Even at my new workplace... I will soon replace a soon to retire person... guess what... his name is Benny.

When we are still looking for a nanny for our dear Giulia... it's not that we found a girl named Banny, instead we found a "Mameng". The name of my dad's mother. It seems that my dad actually sent her mother to take care of our dear princess.

And speaking of our dear princess --- many say that Giulia looks like my dad.

She actually have some mannerisms/expressions similar to my dad... as I mentioned in another blog... who knows? She might just grow up like a mini-Banny.

I know my list will not end here. We will meet a lot of Bannys, Bayanis in our life. It just goes to show that my dad, though not physically here anymore... continues to guide us, care for us and love us. He will forever be our hero, our true Bayani.

We miss you Dad. We love you, so much...so much...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken