Low, low, low... :(

In my previous post, I said that Breast is Best… however, I am getting frustrated now that it seems I am low in supply.

I have been working for almost a month now and I pump in our office thrice a day then direct feed at night. Sometimes I only get 2 ounce per pumping session. Then at night, Giulia sometimes sleep for 5-6 hours so I get to direct feed only for a couple of times. I also had my period on my 3rd week at work and I guess that also contributed to my low supply.

I have tried so many things to increase my milk supply. I take malunggay capsule, fenugreek capsule, eat malunggay cookies, drink lots of water, drank “boiled” buko juice and still my supply is low. I already have a back-up formula – S26 Gold HA as suggested by our Pedia. But of course, as much as possible, I want to still breastfeed Giulia.

I will continue to pump until God knows when… I am still hopeful that I will be able to provide enough nourishment for our princess. J

Comments

  1. don't give up mommy! you can do it! pump every 2 hours,pump after feeding giulia to empty breasts and take the malunggay supplement 3x a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mommy kay! I'll try to pump after feeding giulia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken