The Skinny Me


The skinny me

I used to be skinny when I was a kid. I remember my mom warning me that I might be blown by the wind because I was too thin. My sister also teases me that it’s better to be fat and beautiful than to be thin and ugly…
Now it seems that my weight is becoming directly proportional to my age… I am getting old and fat.

The fat me --
note: this is just an edited picture.
I am not yet that fat!

So I have to think of ways on how to slim down or to shed off some pounds. First, I enrolled myself in a gym…  lifted some weights then became too lazy.. I ended up just attending the classes such as the “body jam” and “retro groove”. It was fun but became too expensive for me to maintain my gym  membership. Of course, now that I am married, we have other priorities and a whole lot of bills to pay. Then I tried Wii Fit. It was cute and entertaining at first. I bought the balance board, mat etc. But since I am just doing the exercise by myself along with my virtual trainor, I eventually became bored.
I was invited recently to join a yoga class. I was hesitant at first since I never imagined myself doing yoga.  I know for sure that I am not flexible enough. But surprisingly, after a few sessions, I think I am beginning to like yoga. Now my ultimate goal is to be able to do the headstand. I know I have a long way to go… but at least I have taken the first step….
And since September is National Yoga Month, let me share with you an article I found on the net.
Yoga is extremely effective in:

1) Increasing Flexibility – yoga has positions that act upon the various joints of the body including those joints that are never really on the ‘radar screen’ let alone exercised.

2) Increasing lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons – likewise, the well-researched yoga positions exercise the different tendons and ligaments of the body.

3) Massaging of ALL Organs of the Body – Yoga is perhaps the only form of activity which massages all the internal glands and organs of the body in a thorough manner, acts in a wholesome manner on the various body parts. This stimulation and massage of the organs in turn benefits us by keeping away disease and providing a forewarning at the first possible instance of a likely onset of disease or disorder.

4) Complete Detoxification – By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.

5) Excellent toning of the muscles – Muscles that have become flaccid, weak or slothy are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess flab and flaccidity.

So if you want to reap the benefits.. then do some stretching and join us in our Yoga classes!

Namaste!

Comments

  1. BUBBLY BLABBER :D - junelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. just like you i was thin as a paper...till i had my beautiful babies. not a day that i wish that i'm back to 95#...but busy schedule of motherhood really gets in the way. but here you are all BUBBLY and so encouraging, i guess there's still hope for me. for one i have to stop wishing but actually start acting on it, right?

    ate lala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ate Lala! Yes, we still have hope! Hope you can visit us and join our yoga sessions... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech