Birthday, birthday, what a happy day! :)


I used to have my birthday parties at home. I can still remember days before my birthday, we would go to Goldilocks to order the cake of my choice. I will then go shopping to find the perfect birthday dress for the party.

On my birthday, everyone will be busy preparing for the party. Nanay nene will cook the spaghetti, mommy will prepare the fruit salad, lumpiang shanghai, chicken lollipop and all other food prepared in a typical children party. My mom would also prepare the fruit punch which is a staple in an 80's party. We also have parlor games such as pabitin, coke drinking contest, longest line, musical chairs etc. Therefore I always look forward to my birthday... Because I know it will be special.

But of course, when we get older, especially during our teenage years, our perception on things and occasions changes. We find it baduy to have parties with games. We just treat our friends out or if we do have parties at home, it will be different. We sometimes have videoke, simple dinner, beer and other alcoholic drinks or just simple hanging out with friends.

Now that I turned 30, I wanted to bring back the normal birthday party. I want my friends to bring back the child in them, have clean fun, eat chicken, spaghetti and pizza. And what better place to celebrate my birthday than Shakey's!

Last October 2, I celebrated my 30th birthday party at shakeys. Since it is a children's birthday party, I had balloons, backdrop with my name on it, cake and even a mascot! :) I chose the powerpuff theme to match my Nickname Bubbles. We also had games and of course food for kids.




I hope my family and friends enjoyed the party as much as I did. Extra thanks to my mom who helped me for all the preparations.




Okay now that the party is over... I think I have to act an adult but still keep the child in me. That is the secret of looking young. Hehehe :)


Happy birthday to me again! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech