Tony Roma's: Best Ribs in Town! :)

It's already a tradition for Gerard and I to go to Tony Roma's ATC during our birthdays... it is our special restaurant.. (our normal restaurant is Italiannis.. by the way)

Anyway, for us, Tony Roma's has the best ribs in town!

It is like Racks because the meat falls off the bone... but it's better because it is more leaner and more flavorful... mmmm....yummy! :)

So of course, since we are just two, we decided to get the BBQ Chicken and Ribs Combo. It comes with a soup of your choice and 2 side dishes.

Now allow me to be a restaurant critic as I try to evaluate each item, one by one...

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on this, everything is just based on my personal opinion, I am not in anyway an endorser of the said restaurant.

Food:

1) Bread -- this is also one of the reasons why we keep on coming back... it's was served warm, crunchy on the outside, so soft in the inside... went well with the herbed butter spread...

2) Soup -- I was presented with 2 choices -- baked potato soup and pumpkin soup... I chose pumpkin soup... taste was okay... It was like a pumpkin puree...similar to the Gerber baby food...
I must say, nothing beats the pumpkin soup at Cibo... 


3)  BBQ Chicken and Ribs Combo -- Ribs - as mentioned above, it was the best! BBQ chicken-- I was so happy that it was okay to change to breast part since it is the only part that I eat in a chicken. But since we ordered breast part which is expected to be bland... I asked for additional barbeque sauce. They gave me the sauce immediately but I think what they provided is the one that they actually used for basting and cooking. Oh well, at least they gave me what I want...


4) Side dishes -- We chose baked potato topped with bacon bits and french fries...  it is usual and met our expectations.

5) Walnut Fudge Brownie with vanilla ice cream on top -- Since it is my birthday, they treated us with this free dessert. Though I don't eat walnuts.. of course I can't complain because it's just free! But I must say the fudge brownie was so chewy... love it! :)

Service:

I don't know if the people are just tired because it is already late... the manager who took our order was not that friendly. But in fairness to the other staff, they gave in to our several special requests... :)

Ambiance:


The couch was so comfy.. and the place is really perfect for dates.


Toilet:


This is one of my complaints... they should have their private bathroom/washroom. Guests are requested to use the public toilet outside the restaurant. They also failed to provide wet wipes or wet towels after the meal.


Price:


The price is reasonable. I suggest the combos because the serving size is already good for 2-3 persons. The BBQ Chicken and Ribs Combo costs Php 890.The usual iced tea is a bit pricey because it costs 110 pesos.

Overall Rating:

We will still keep on coming back to Tony Roma's for our birthdays! :) Thumbs up! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech