Notes on Breastfeeding

Photo Source
I was fortunate enough to have friend who is a certified lactation consultant. I was also able to attend a childbirth and a breastfeeding class.

Therefore, I would like to share important information on breastfeeding:

Storage:

Milk in Freezer (separate door) – 2-3 months
Milk in Refrigerator – 3-5 days
Frozen milk when thawed or at room temp – 2-4 hours

Other notes:

Do not shake breastmilk – just swirl.
Do not microwave frozen breastmilk – it can create hotspots in the milk; just dip in warm water or use a bottle warmer

When travelling, you can store breastmilk in a cooler with ice packs, then you can just put it in the refrigerator or freezer when you get home.

Here are just some information, note that I am not an expert on breastfeeding, I would just like to share information for first time moms out there.

If you need help on breastfeeding, just message me… I will try to help you or refer you to a certified lactation consultant.

Happy breastfeeding! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech