The pimpled me

I definitely do not have the perfect skin.

Actually when I was young… my face can be described like this in tagalog: pimple na tinubuan ng mukha… J

I do not get appalled like most women do when they wake up and see a zit on their face. For me, it is just  another addition to my zit collection…. J

So if I hear other girls screech at the sight of a single zit in their face when they look at themselves in the mirror… I would also screech and say, “Wow, I have grown myself a face…" J

Though I can be considered lucky since my zits are not those huge pus filled pimples… they normally just look like dark bumps on my face.

So naturally because of my skin condition, at the age of 10-11 years old, I already started my regular visits to the dermatologist.

I dread those visits because instead of being beautiful after the acne treatment, I feel more ugly because of all the pricking and cleaning the doctor does to my face.

I got used to the pain of the pricking and the burning sensation of all the creams they put on my face.

I also got used to the everyday routine of putting medication, acne lotion etc. when I wake up and before I go to sleep.

My sister would always tease me that I look like a monster whenever I sleep because of the pinkish lotion that I apply on my face every night.

Oh well, I thought that my battle with acne will be forever.

I have accepted the fact that no matter what I do, I will forever be a zit with a face and I just have to deal with it.

Fortunately, through Gerard, I met Dra. Patricia Tinio. She is a dermatologist at Beverly Hills 6750.

Lo, and behold she became the answer to my problems.

After several treatments of diamond peel, glycolic peel, facials etc… my skin became fairer and smoother…

My skin is still far from being the silky smooth celebrity type of skin… and even if I still have rashes or pimples once in a while…  

I am already happy and content with my skin.

I must admit, it has been almost  a year since my last visit to Beverly Hills 6750 but I am proud to say that I have developed my personal beauty regimen.

Want to know my beauty regimen?

Just wait for my next blog…

Till then…

Comments

  1. Hi Bubbly!

    Just stumbled across your blog. :) It was a pleasant surprise to find BH 6750 and Dr. Tinio mentioned here. Hope you come back soon to the clinic!

    BTW, you can visit our Facebook at http://facebook.com/bh6750. We have a new contest there this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for browsing! :) Yes, I'll promise to visit BH6750 soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information about the pimples. I will forever be a zit with a face and I just have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for browsing my blog and leaving a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech