On Being the Best Mom Part 2

 In September 2020 still at the height of the pandemic and most people are staying at home, I felt the "mom-guilt" on not being able to be the best mom. At that time, we still have a helper who prepares the food for my children. I am also at home but I spend most of my time in front of my laptop, similar to my set-up in the office. 

But since at that time, it seems that there are no plans yet for kids to go back to online classes and I am still working from home, I decided to let go of our helper by December 2020. By January 2021, I am the only one in-charge in our house... I became a stay-at-home mom and a working mom at the same time. Thanks to You Tube, I learned to cook simple Filipino dishes such as Sinigang na Hipon, Nilagang Baka, Ginisang Sayote, Monggo and of course, Adobo. I am happy that my kids enjoyed all those Filipino dishes. But of course, still I am working from home, there are times that I don't have much time to prepare food so of course, there are days that I just cook egg, bacon, tocino etc. 

I am so happy and blessed that I had the chance to do this for my children... indeed being the best mom is a continuous process... of course as a mom - we only want the best for our children, so we keep on finding ways on how to become better and hopefully the best mom for my children. 

Motherhood is indeed challenging and exhausting at times, but it is very fulfilling and rewarding. This gives us women a sense of purpose and meaning in our lives.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken