My last days of being pregnant

Giulia Bernice is now one month old.

I am now getting used to being awake in the wee hours in the morning. I am now content and very much happy if I get at least 2 hours of sleep.

Yes I am tired… I lack sleep… I am still adjusting but I am happy.

I am now officially a mommy. J

But before I elaborate on the stories of being a new mom… allow me to share  stories before I gave birth to our princess.

Let me rewind to a few days before December 12, 2011…

December 8, 2011

It is the silver anniversary of my aunt and uncle. Gerard and I assisted my sister and brother in-law in being the ‘on-the-day wedding coordinators’.

We had our individual tasks on that day so all of us became super busy.

Some people teased me that I might give birth on that day because I told them I am on my 37th week already and I can give birth anytime.

Even some of the priests said that it is nice if I give birth on that day because it is the birthday of Mama Mary. 

I told them that I do not want to steal the lime light from my Uncle and Aunt so hopefully I won’t make a scene on that day.

The priest from Antipolo told us that another nice date to give birth is on the 12th because it is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.



December 9, 2011


It is the day of our Christmas Party in the office. The theme is Jazz Up Your Jeans, so even if we arrived home late the day before, I asked help from Gerard to put stickers on my jeans.

So during the party, I became one of the nominees for star of the night.

I also became one of the judges for the contest – TriQuint Got Talent
 



















December 10, 2011

It was another busy day for us. We had our scheduled weekly check-up so we had to go to Asian Hospital.

Unfortunately I had PUPPP (hopefully I can blog about this next time…) so I had rashes in my arms, legs and tummy. I have been complaining of severe itchiness for a week already and I learned from the internet that people who experienced PUPPP had their labor induced already during their 37th week. My OB made an internal exam and she said that my cervix has not dilated yet. So it is not advisable to have induced labor yet.

Then we went to ATC and bought some stuff.

After that, we went home, freshen up then prepared for the wedding of my thesis mate – Bli.

Good thing, we made it on time for his wedding. It was nice to see my college friends again.








December 11, 2011

This day is Mago’s Baptism. The handsome son of Mike and Majo. Of course, we cannot miss this special event, not only because Majo is one of Gerard’s close friends but also because we were chosen as godparents.

We also have scheduled our annual Christmas party with friends on this day. It was actually the first time that we had the party in our house. We also had our annual exchange gifts.

We ended the party around 11 PM.

As always, we had fun and enjoyed each other’s company.


December 12, 2011

This day deserves a separate blog entry…

Watch out friends… J


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken