2010... the year that was

Today is the last day of 2010.... and I have mixed emotions... allow me to reminisce the good and bad memories of this year...


January - I started the year with high hopes... with a positive outlook in life, looking forward to big things to come.

February - Daddy's birth month! We all went to singapore to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday. Though I have been to singapore several times already, this trip is special because it was the first time that I was Singapore with my complete family. It was truly a celebration of life! :)






March - Baby Month! On March 7, 2010, I got two lines on a pregnancy stick. I was so shock and I even cried! I began to imagine myself of being a mom after 9 months, having a baby to hold in my hand and having a complete family.

April - D&C Month! I was diagnosed to have an anembryonic pregnancy... I was pregnant, but there was no baby. I had to undergo D&C. We were sad to have lost our unborn baby... but we were also happy because it gave us hope... hope that someday we will have our baby... in God's perfect time.

May - Vacation Month! SinceI had my D&C, I was on maternity leave. It was a blessing in disguise because my aunt and cousin from the States flew over. We also went to Quezon province, my dad's hometown, after 10 years. It was really a fun-filled summer vacation! :)


June -  Reunion Month! It was a continuation of my vacation... we had the annual Garin Reunion, but extra special this time since as mentioned my tita Myrna and Kaye was able to join us.

July - Back to work, back to reality! Of course, since I was on vacation for 1.5 months, I had to do a lot of catching up. Nothing much happened in July, it's all work, work, work!

August - Travel Month! I started the month with my business trip to Malaysia and ended the month with our leisure trip to Singapore with friends!

September - Birthday Month! It was my 30th birthday but it was my first time to celebrate it at Shakey's! :) We were all like kids, playing parlor games.

October - My dad's farewell... As many of you know, my dad died last October 22, 2010. It was sudden and so much painful for us to accept.... we are trying to move on and be happy since we know my dad is already at peace in heaven. We love you and miss you so much.

November - Trying to be normal and moving on... Things will never be the same without my dad...but by God's grace, we know that we will be able to move on. We are trying to be stronger and we are clinging to the fact that God has prepared the best plan for us.




December - Christmas time! We became busy with all the merry making and parties left and right.  





As I look back, there are good things and bad things that happened. But I believe, there's a reason for everything. Now that it is a new year, I am embracing it with open arms, ready to receive more blessings and ready to face new trials... after all, I know God is always with me...

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pan-fried Dory with Lemon Butter Sauce

Wee Nam Kee -- a taste of Singaporean Cuisine

Not so typical valentines speech